Friday, April 20, 2012

Reading our way to ANZAC Day

Next Wednesday is ANZAC day. Our school is celebrating with a whole school prayer and ceremony on Monday morning so on Wednesday evening I put together an ANZAC Day book display in our foyer/breakout space for the students to choose from. I will post some more photos next week but in this space we have two whiteboards close to the floor. On each one I wrote What does Anzac day mean to you? and the students have started replying. I love reading their insights.

Next weeek, during Literacy Rotations, the students will be able to choose one of these books to read during their reading session. In the last ten minutes I think I will ask them to respond with a circle map on a poppy cut-out which we can then display. Each morning I'll read one of the books aloud to them. On Friday I hope to finish by having the students write cinquians which we will publish as an e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment